Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Influence of politics on our education system

Education is the most important factor that dominates the success and development of a society. An example of it is one of the most hard working nations in the world, China, the self made nation. The nation that has given a very tough time to the USA in international market. The literacy rate of this great nation is about 96%. 
When I look at the universities in Pakistan, I see the political boycotts of the classes and every second day classes are not conducted due to strikes. I see the lingual and political discrimination prevailing among the students. I see the incompetent teachers spoiling the future of the youth. I see the the students being awarded higher grades on the basis of their relations with the heads of the departments. I see the selection of teachers on the basis of their relations with the university officials but not on merit. I see a government, which, when takes the hold of the state's affairs, at first place axes the budget for education. I see the dismissal of a person (Dr.Ata-ur-Rehman) who took the education in Pakistan to the heights that it had never seen before. I see the government pushing the literacy rate down by not providing quality education in the public sector institutes. I see the vice chancellors  being appointed on political basis instead of being appointed on the basis of their academic qualifications, their leadership skills and their vision. The increasing rate of child labor is also one of the consequences of this current situation.
The basic reason as I see for not letting the youth acquire quality education is that if this youth becomes educated, they will stand against the tyranny and inclemency incurred over the people by these despotic devils. They will raise their voice against the injustice and anarchy. A country like Pakistan whose 70% population is under 30 years of age, should prosper at a rapid pace and show a very high growth rate every year. If the current situation prevails for the next few years in our institutions, no one will be able to stop our literacy rate to fall below 10% and this will bring more injustice, increased child labor and anarchy to the country. 

5 comments:

  1. True that. this is not the situation in one institute, its the common practice everywhere now. I just wonder what the youth of pakistan is going to be??
    we r being groomed under the supervision of money makers. we are being taught about the social, ethnic, linguistic and secatarian differences. we are grown up under the political discriminations. I wish our nation could ever come out of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. its everywhere bro, this corruption is in every department and we know it, but ques is not that what those money makers or those feudal lords or those politicians are doing, the question is what is that 70% population is doing, we all are now used to blame others for our failures and this will not change the situation in another 60 years, what can be done is another topic,if we r not going to even try to change this shit system, nothing wont..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Education in Pakistan... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading"

    It's time to think again about Pakistan's most pressing long-term challenge. Pakistan spent 2.5 per cent of its budget on schooling in 2009/10. It now spends just 1.5 per cent in the areas that need it most. That is less than the subsidies given to PIA, PEPCO and Pakistan Steel. Provinces are allocated funds for education but fail to spend the money. Only 35 per cent of school children, aged 6-16, can read a story, while 50 per cent cannot read a sentence. At current rates of progress, no person alive today will see a Pakistan with universal education as defined in our constitution. Balochistan would see it in 2100 or later...

    ReplyDelete